Introduction to Turquoise
Turquoise has been coveted for its healing properties and uses since ancient times. Some interesting facts about turquoise include:
- Native peoples of the Americas believe that turquoise has profound healing and shamanic powers. Even in modern times, they still value turquoise for its spiritual qualities and uses.
- Other ancient civilizations that revered turquoise were the ancient Egyptians and the Tibetans.
- Turquoise helps to enhance communication, as well as impart a sense of calm. These qualities make this stone an ideal tool people who have a fear of speaking in public. For those with a fear of public speaking, this is a great crystal to have on hand to help boost confidence and make communication easier.
- Turquoise is an opaque stone that occurs in a spectrum of green colors: from yellowish-green to different colors of blue-green.
- Turquoise’s hue is created due to its form as a hydrous phosphate of copper and aluminum.
- It has been highly valued and revered since ancient times. Civilizations from around the globe have a long history of using turquoise for creating jewelry and sacred objects.
- The name turquoise is now synonymous with its color. This speaks to the profound effect this stone has on people.
- Turquoise is believed by many to be one of the most useful stones or crystals.
- This is a stone that is especially effective for shielding and protection. Many crystal practitioners use turquoise as one of their primary tools for providing metaphysical and physical protection, because of its impressive ability to absorb and deflect large amounts of negative energies.
Metaphysical and Spiritual Healing Qualities of Turquoise
- Turquoise can free up energy blockages in all the chakras. This quality allows its energy to flow through the entire body. This can bring all the body’s energies back into balance.
- It has a significant connection with the throat chakra, but also has a powerful impact on the heart chakra. This makes turquoise one of the tools that can be used to help us accept love.
- The color blue has a deep connection to the higher, spiritual world. Turquoise is an ideal stone for connecting to higher planes.
- This stone is highly useful for all forms of metaphysical work.
- Turquoise is also a good tool to have on hand for meditation, due it’s ability to help enhance intuition.
- This stone should be thoroughly cleansed regularly. It is so effective at absorbing negative energy, that if turquoise is heavily used, it should be carefully cleansed each time you use it.
Emotional Healing Qualities of Turquoise
- Turquoise provides a deep and healing sense of peace and calm. Because of this, it is a popular aid for helping people to deal with grief, depression, and anxiety.
- Turquoise’s vibrations are able to energize us. It is a great general tool for promoting a whole range of positive mental attributes. This crystal can help to encourage and open up creativity, communication, intuition, optimism, and serenity.
- Enhancing these positive mental qualities allows us to gain deep and meaningful insight about ourselves and the universe we exist in. This can help us along the path the achieving fulfillment and enlightenment.
Physical Healing Qualities of Turquoise
- Turquoise is believed to be among the most powerful healing stones for the body. This crystal’s healing properties are quite powerful, able to send healing energy through the whole body.
- Turquoise can act as an aid for digestion by helping the body to absorb nutrients more effectively.
- It has also been used by people to help improve the health of immune system, the respiratory system, the skeleton and the glands.
- Turquoise can be useful for helping to relieve the pain associated with recurring headaches.
- It also functions as a detoxifier and helps reduce the damage caused by toxins in our bodies.
- Turquoise acts as a blood purifier, and can reduce swelling.
- This stone’s energizing qualities can help to improve overall energy levels.